In this episode of The Professional Content Creation Podcast, I interview Ryan Hanley, of RyanHanley.com. I really respect Ryan because he didn’t let the skepticism that his insurance agency had toward content marketing to deter him from using content as a way of finding prospects. Instead, he came up with a creative solution that gave him an opportunity to learn and prove the effectiveness of content marketing even though he was initially unable to even post on the company website.
The great thing about Ryan is that he has moved far beyond content marketing theory in that he has a proven track record of the effectiveness of content marketing for business.
If you’re a business owner who wonders if content marketing can work for you, I think you’ll find Ryan’s experience and his tips to be inspiring and helpful.
In this episode we talked about:
- What Ryan had to to do overcome his boss’ skepticism regarding the power of blogging
- How the movie, Pulp Fiction inspired Ryan is his content marketing strategy
- The impact of writing 100 blog posts in 100 days
- How Ryan went beyond the blog to fast forward his content marketing strategy
- The importance of answering customer questions
- Ryan’s promotion that came about as a direct result of his success with content marketing
- How Ryan came up with the name, “Content Warfare” for his podcast, and what it means
- Why the “upper eschelon” bloggers are wrong when it comes to blog traffic
- The different types of content that Ryan produced to market his business
- The most crucial element of taking your content to the next level
- The importance of using “power words” in your content
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Ryan Hanley’s website
- The Content Warfare Podcast
- The Murray Group Insurance Services, Inc.
- Google Analytics
- Blog Post: How to Satisfy Your Lust for More Blog Traffic
- Free Digital Photos
Would you like to start a podcast?
If you’re a “do-it-yourself” kind of person and want to start a podcast, I’d strongly recommend Cliff Ravenscraft’s Podcasting A to Z course. If interested in the training and in getting the $100 discount, go to http://PodcastingAtoZ.com and use the discount code PCC in the shopping cart.
If you’d like to start a podcast but would prefer to have someone else handle many of the aspects of your podcast for you, check out my Podcast Production Services page for details of how I can help.
What type of experiences have you had with using content to market your business? Share your experience or questions in the comment section below.
Ryan Hanley is the director of marketing for The Murray Group Insurance Services Inc. which is located in Albany, New York. There Ryan is tasked with building relationships, increasing brand reach and ultimately driving new business sales through both traditional and online marketing strategies.
If you would like to learn exactly what Ryan does to market his insurance agency online, visit www.RyanHanley.com where he talks about content marketing, social media and being awesome online which as Ryan states is the most important part.