This episode of the Professional Content Creation podcast is a special one for me for a couple of reasons. First off, due to various life circumstances, it’s been about a month since I’ve been able to produce a podcast episode, and it feels great to get back on track this week. But even more important is that in this episode, I interviewed my good friend, Marcus Sheridan.
Marcus is someone who has meant a lot to me, and is someone who has inspired many people (myself included), particularly in the area of content marketing. But who Marcus is goes far beyond pool-guy-turned-content-marketer. He is a man who is passionate about the things in life that matter most, such as family. I’ve worked for the past 16 months as Marcus’ assistant, and in that time, he’s had a huge impact on me.
I got a little choked up when I recorded the intro to this episode, because the time of the recording just happened to coincide with my decision to stop working for Marcus, due to changes that are occurring in both of our businesses.
If you’ve never heard Marcus speak before, you’re in for a treat. If you have heard Marcus speak before, you’re in for a treat.
In this episode we talked about:
- What Marcus says to people who say that content marketing won’t work for their business
- Why Marcus’ story has nothing to do with swimming pools
- Two content marketing principles that will never grow old
- The exercise Marcus has done with every client he’s ever had
- An important trait common to the best content marketers
- The biggest mistake that Marcus made as a beginning blogger
Items mentioned in this episode include:
I Need Your Help!
Thank you all for checking out this session of the Professional Content Creation podcast!
If you enjoyed my interview with Marcus, take a few seconds of your time and click on the link below to let him know how much you appreciate him taking the time to be a guest on my show.