In this episode of the Professional Content Creation Podcast I interview Michael Hyatt, author of Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World. His blog, MichaelHyatt.com is ranked by Google in the top one-half percent of all blogs with more than 300,000 unique visitors each month.
His Podcast, This is Your Life is downloaded by more than 100,000 people per month. Michael obviously knows his stuff when it comes to content marketing and I’m thrilled to have him on the show today.
In this episode we talked about:
- The part that content has played in building Michael’s platform
- How content can be used to build any type of business
- What Michael says to people who say that content marketing won’t work for them
- The slow growth of his own blog and what caused it to finally reach an inflection point
- What to pay attention to in Google Analytics and how often to check it
- How to become known as an expert by the influencers in your industry
- What aspects of content creation to outsource and what to do yourself
- Michael’s initial resistance to starting a podcast, what changed his mind, and the impact a podcast has made on his business
- How to balance perfectionism with getting your content out there
- Michael’s latest venture, Platform University
- And a whole lot more. . .
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
- Michael’s This is Your Life Podcast
- Google Analytics
- Strengths Finder
- Dave Ramsey’s Podcast
- Platform University
- Pat Flynn’s Podcast
- WishList Member
- Dan Miller
- Cliff Ravenscraft, the Podcast Answer Man
A special thank you to Michael for such an awesome interview! If you’d like to connect with Michael, visit his blog or follow him on Twitter.
Would you like to start a podcast?
If you’re a “do-it-yourself” kind of person and want to start a podcast, I’d strongly recommend Cliff Ravenscraft’s Podcasting A to Z course. If interested in the training and in getting the $100 discount, go to http://PodcastingAtoZ.com and use the discount code PCC in the shopping cart.
If you’d like to start a podcast but would prefer to have someone else handle many of the aspects of your podcast for you, check out my Podcast Production Services page for details of how I can help.