NOTE: If you buy this book the week of 5/21/2012, you will receive $375.98 in free bonuses. I received a review copy of this book, and even though I already have the book, I am buying a copy today, because the bonuses are amazing! You can read all about the offer here: http://michaelhyatt.com/platform#special-offer
Now, on to my review!
Who needs a platform? Anyone with anything to say or sell. It’s not just for authors any more.
If you have any question at all about whether or not you need to read Michael Hyatt’s new book, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World, please listen to the audio posted above.
Whether you are building a platform yourself, or if you are on the team of someone building a platform, this book will provide the information and tools you need to build a solid platform.
Here are a few things that I love the most about the book.
- The first is that it is written by Michael Hyatt, Chairman of Thomas Nelson, and someone who has very, very successfully built his own platform. This book was inspired by the numerous authors he’s encountered who have an excellent book idea, but can’t get published because they don’t have a platform.
- Secondly, it’s extremely practical and actionable. It’s not a book filled with a bunch of nice sounding, but useless theories. You immediately know what to do and how to put all of the information in the book into good use. Michael Hyatt not only tells you what to do, he even tells you what tools he uses to accomplish those specific tasks.
- Third, the chapters are short. There are 60 chapters, which may sound overwhelming, but they are easy, quick reads. What I love is that you can look at the table of contents and very quickly find the chapters that address the particular bit of information you are looking for.
The book is divided into the following five sections:
- Part One: Start With Wow
- Part Two: Prepare to Launch
- Part Three: Build Your Home Base
- Part Four: Expand Your Reach
- Part Five: Engage Your Tribe
As bloggers, the Build Your Home Base section was particularly applicable, because the chapters include things such as, Avoid Common Blogging Mistakes, Create a Better About Page, and Write Posts Faster (I think we all need to be able to do that!).
Whether you’re someone who has something to say or sell, or someone who assists and comes along side such a person, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World is a beneficial read for you.